Saturday, July 9, 2005

The Dreams of Lana Wolfe

Years ago, I'd dream in two identities.  I was Eve Rivers and Lana Wolfe.  Writing about the Dreams of Lana Wolfe, I began research.  I wanted to make sense of the dreams I was having not so much for personal meaning but for the movie like qualities the dreams projected.

I went up to Oregon to look for possible Eco-terrorist sites.  I learned about the Kyoto Protocols, some quickie pros and cons from everyone concerned including different environmental groups.  I began studying Earth Liberation Front (ELF) and their methods of operation which were many and diverse.  I studied their history; they began in the United Kingdom, particularly London, England.

They used timed detonation devices and used simple products to begin fires, stuff you could buy at hardware stores. I got much of that information off the FBI websites way back before 9/11.  Many of the ELF members were against the Kyoto protocols. They felt them to be a form of posturing that didn't take the environmental woes seriously in that we wouldn't be moving away from the use of raping land for fossil fuels and we would still be encouraged to use fossil fuels with additives.

They loathed genetically altered life-period.  I am not aware of them killing humans intentionally but these are different times, a new decade and a new century.

The G8 summit was meant to begin some environmental talks.  More posturing? Maybe so, but the stuffed shirts have to begin somewhere.

(Japan subway, America WTC during Clinton's watch, Spain trainstation-who's next? Germany? Russia? India?) I see a connection.

I'm having a terribly difficult time believing the Islamic Terrorist/Jihadists groups had anything to do with the London (timed) explosions. This particular set of explosions, forgive me for saying so,  were a tad too simple(elegant not sloppy) and clean to be one of the splinter groups of the Islamic nations. 

I suppose it really doesn't matter who committed the attrocity; it was unnecessary.  The leaders will concoct a story to manipulate or sedate the general public, whatever suits their whims. 

It's like John Kerry pointed out to us.  Terrorism should be treated as a constant threat, the kind of stuff police should be trained to deal with, like in gang violence which never dies.

We live in a crowded world with many an agenda and alot of people craving attention.  It's all about getting attention, even if it requires the death of innocents.

God protect our minds and help us to protect one another.  Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Late last night I returned from leading a group of 37 high school students, 6 adults and five paid chaporones to France.  We were there for the selection of London as the next Olympic city, the bombings, the return of the bomb threatened Air France jetliner and the bomb scare in the Musee d'Orsay of Paris.  The biggest difficulty I had the whole 11 days was with a mouthy set of 16 year old American girls who had come to France with their own adgenda.  Life goes on.  You are quite correct in saying that terrorism should be viewed as a constant threat.  And as much as it bothers me to say it, "thank god for the news media and their endless reporting of these stories".  The more they talk about them the more insensitive we become to the horrors of terroism and the less effective it becomes.

I do believe that the bombings in London were the work of some small penised men with a compelete misunderstanding the nature of God.

Keep writing Chelle