Sunday, November 23, 2003

Who is afraid of the Bogey Man?

This gal known as Mirthful was livid one night and told all the chatters that she was being stalked by this dude called NiceGuyBogey.  He had been coming in the chat for a few weeks feeling his way around our collective behavior.  We are all a tad touched, ya know.  Anyway, Mirth had got some emails from him and some ims that had her disturbed.  I had spoke to her several times on the phone and once (she doesn't know this) she saved my life.  I usually believed 20 % of what she had to say but I believed her this time.  Then a couple of other gals accused him of stalking them.  I scratched my head and said WTF?  He came in when I had just recieved the news of his behavior.  He never much bothered me, not to where I couldn't just tune if out or put him on full ignore.  So I asked him one evening, Are you stalking Mirthful?  I explained that this chat didn't go for that crap.  He took major offense and in retrospect, I would have too. 

In the end, I discovered he was nothing more than an emailing Iming pest--you know the kind; the easy to ignore.  Aol has provided us with some wonderful features.  He was harmless but his reputation as a stalker now stalks him.

I learned that as I was attempting to be friends with Mirthful, she was iming a couple of gals and warning them that I'd stab them in the back as I did Emma.  To me she was gossipping about Emma all the time making excuses for the people of Mississippi. To her they were all a bunch of backwards dimwits.

Next time someone you know is afraid of the BogeyMan, I suggest you consider instead the wiles of a Mirthful Femme.  Such a person takes great pleasure behind the scenes.   Booooooooooooooo   Scared?   heh heh heh

No comments: