Wednesday, March 24, 2004

The Debt

The most common sin is to be in debt to ungodly factions.  How can they ever cover a debt?   They dol out money at a high interest rate and they charge for air time.  The plight of the Islamic nations has reached my soul.  As I try to pay off a debt that I thought I could take on but didn't need to, I realize what is really ngoing on in the land of the great deserts.  The beauty is dangled before them, wetting their appetites, the promise of jobs that never come and utter poverty nets them.   Then I ponder the debts of our people and decide to read the newspaper delivered this morning.  Our city is not going to pay anything for water, or schools.   They say the voter wants it that way.   So I have to ask, what the hell good is the city?  Who is the city?  Aren't the people the city?  So, if a city declares that it won't pay for itself but that all its members must, who should want to reside in this city?  Lets just move towards another elite hemisphere and move the poverty stricken dogs out to the newly formed suburban deserts with their neighborhood associations dictating the rules.   I'm upset.   I hope none of you out there has started your day off like I have mine.   I'll pray for you if you all do too and pray for me while you are at it.  Thank you. 

No comments: