Wednesday, November 3, 2004

1st of 500plus topics-letter to local papers and reps.

Subj: Sample letter for ssi identity  Date: 11/3/2004 6:52:10 AM Pacific Standard Time From: GoddessOf7Worlds To: GoddessOf7Worlds

November 03, 2004
Rochelle


Senator Barbara Boxer

Dear Senator Boxer,

I held off writing this letter, a matter of importance to me, due to the pending outcome of this election.
I was hoping to wake to a president who would at least listen to me, but woke in disappointment to the same leader who hasn't done so.  So I need you to represent my growing concerns.  I've decided that I'll be writing my representatives often because the list of concerns has grown sharply in the past two years.

With regards to The Right To Privacy Act of 1974, I was under the impression that our social security number wasn't to be used as a form of identification, nor were we to be denied services if we did not give it out. Why is it that to get and use insurance, our social security number is required?  I'm unable to get or use medical insurance without it.  Why is it that I'm unable to get a driver's license or auto insurance without giving out my social security number?  If I want to employ usury measures in the form of lending or investing, why must I use my social security number?  Oh, I'm aware that they won't pass this information along to those outside their given organization, but whenever I call to get information on my telecommunications, internet services, utilities, credit cards and insurance; I'm asked to enter my personal identification by entering the last four digits of my social security number.  When a live voice comes over the phone, I'm asked once again for my last 4 digits.

Though the people on the phone  who service these companies sound truly American, they are not Americans, so not only am I giving out valuable information I supposedly am protected from having to give out, I'm giving it to a stranger in another land.  With the outsourcing of our jobs hanging over our heads like a dreary cloud, would you say it is prudent to be giving such sensitive information to strangers?  I've read much of the Patriot II and even issues of child abuse appear.  Wouldn't you agree that the possibility of identification duplication (theft) falls under Homeland Security?
Thank you,
Rochelle 





No comments: