Monday, October 18, 2004

What would happen if...?

The interest rates are going up and the 27% I pay on Advanta credit card isn't high enough?  You know, the rates were supposed to go up three months ago nationwide, but the current administration asked them to hold of for a few months.  Because I gambled and subscribed to Usury practices (buying stuff on credit) I'll not survive an interest increase.  My water bill is going up 50% and our energy just increased 18% meanwhile I pay $2.35 per gallon for gas and that is today.  Who knows how high it will be next week.  I owe in the higher 30,000.00 range and my hubby lost his job a year and a half ago, with no insurance; its killing me.  I need dental work but cannot afford it.  Forget about going to the doctor. If I get sick, it will be easier to die.  I'm ashamed I took risks during a time when this administration was hell bent on concentrating on bringing "freedom" to other countries. Uh huh.

I'm thinking of getting rid of all things that require I use a bank; pay cash and pay as I go. This is kind of what Kerry wants to do for our nation.  I think I'll start putting it into action today.  I wonder how many others in this nation are facing a debt like I have?

What if.... we all took our cash out of the bank, shored up our home loan situations and paid our vehicles off?  What if....we all decided to file bankruptcy?  What message would that say to our government?  You want a civil revolution; there's the answser.  Imagine what that would do to the interest rates which are due to go up the moment the election results are in?  Sure it would displace workers who work for banks.  Let them do as I do and use their talents to earn a living.  If just 20 % of the nation decided to do this, it would have a horrendous impact on our country.  Imagine, we would still have cash to buy what we needed and still make our house notes.  What we wouldn't have, would be money going out for the purpose of giving lenders power over our lives and our vote.  This would be a tremendous move and would require bravery on the part of Americans.  But more than likely what would happen is that Americans would be afraid they would never get credit again.  I say "So what?"  Prices would have to be lowered.  More folks would barter for goods.  Less taxes would be paid and therefore we would be less likely to enter wars in the nameof "blessing" others.

Americans are simply not that brave or we would have done this already.  The rich would be stuck making up for the losses and the poorer folks would stand a much better chance.  In order for something like this to work ,it would require that we never subscribe to Usury practices ever again.  Pay as you go sounds magnificent to me.  If we are to make an impact on our government we should lead by example.  If we buy on credit, our government will too.  It's a radical thought, I know, but hey; up to now, we have failed.

No comments: