Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Reverand Jeremiah Wright's Calculated Sacrifice by Chelle Stockman

Reverand Jeremiah Wright's Calculated Sacrifice by Chelle Stockman

 

Rev. Wright seemed to agitate everyone on television and off television through his rantings at the press club yesterday.  They all called for Obama to distance himself from his pastor.

While listening to my debate partners emotionally express themselves regarding this issue, it became apparent that the Reverend was acting out of character with his unusally persistent rantings.  I do believe the Reverend decided that Obama needed to show his strength and courage believing that Obama will do what is best for the Party and the nation even if it meant disavowing a long time friendship.  I believe he intentionally attacked Obama's character in order to bring to the light, the strength and grace of Obama's real character. So in essence, the Reverend sacrificed his own reputation and quite possibly, some of the rooted plants in his own garden in order for Obama to fill his purpose in life as the Reverend saw it.

So today, Obama did just that.  It left me wondering if Obama could see through this maneuver or if he had previously known about the Reverend's intentions, if he would have behaved in quite the same way.

None the less, the Media is fueling this big time and it does frustrate me a little that the Reverend has taken up airtime that Clinton might have otherwise been available to use. 

Such is the world of politics.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting concept.  I wish I could say you are really reaching for this one, but I have a you might me right on.  What this country needs is a man of outstanding character like a Roger Clemens or an enclosed stadium where our politicians could play their games.  

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear, you have grown almost as cynical as I have.  Careful, your age (experience) is showing. <snicker>