Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Yesterday's Magic

I found out the Governor of California decided to further push women down under the rule of their husbands; instead of walking as equal partners, we are now under the responsibility of the man.  Kind of sounds like modern day slavery to me.  For the past 24 years of marriage, I've paid all the bills.  My husband shops for the cars in our family because I'll come home with something inexpensive and functional while he knows the quality of cars when he sees it.  This is what he brings to our partnership.  I write out the checks; I'm the breadwinner.  So for all these years, the registration of vehicles fall upon my shoulders as does the insurance for said cars.  Imagine when for the first time since I've been married, I can't registar my own car.  Why?  Only the person on the title is able to do so.  When I called the state and I went up to the top to talk to Chou Guitierrez(sp), I was denied talking to him and told to go to my local assemblyman. (?????)  The people in high position of the state are such bafoons ( goons are more like it )  I can't wait to vote the terminator out of office.  The man is a pimple on our legislative ass.

I went from the DMV to the Social Security to get my sons new cards.  While there I was studying Persian Gulf countries.  A man who was next to me struck up conversation and wanted to know what I was doing.  I detected a familiar accent like the one of Ladan's family whom had taken me into their home back when the Shah of Iran was still in office.  It was a sound I longed for over the years.  Farsi is the most beautiful language on earth.  He grew more interested in the premise of my new book, "Beyond The Veil of Lies" and he took me to lunch to discuss my works.  We enjoyed the food and there was a type of magic between the elderly man and  the young rambunctious daughter.  That is what it felt like.  He got tears in his eyes several times and whispered secretively, "you are one of the few who understand--99% of the people here believe what they are told.  We discussed the Holy Terror-- a man of Islamic persuasion; the same man who Bush absolutely hates and will insist the world kills should he ever be found.  Upon parting he said to me, "you be careful.  You are American yes, but you must be careful or..."  I said, "I'm no cleric sir, but I'm not afraid to wear the key about my neck,either."  He cried again and wished me well.   Who is afraid to die for truth?  I fear more will die because they believed the lies.    That's all for now--about yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

  uhhhhhh,....