Friday, May 28, 2004

In between clients

I planned my day to be free of pain, free of worry over the trivial and then I thanked God for work.  Work keeps my mind off the crapola, kind of.  But, 7 am came around and old habits grabbed at my heart as I reached for the telephone.  I called Cj, instead.  I began feeling melacholy because I truly missed someone who meant a great deal to me.  I remember what a pain in the ass my calls to him were and I thought about being that pain in his ass once again.  Then I wondered, Chelle, honey, don't set yourself up for this again. I told myself he probably has his eyes on another one or two gals who are less work.  Flatbed told him that I'm a lot of work which if you think about it; it meant I wasn't worth the trouble.  So, now you see how I begin to reason when I'm starting to feel sad.  Well I immediately said, NO!  I'm not doing this again.   I began singing and good humor was my sweet companion.   I popped online to check out 2 websites and saw Di and Jeff's name on my list.  Then I saw Janice log on.  I thought in my mind to them but didn't want to be a pain in their ass either.  I thought, sheesh, I am a pain in their ass too and if I didn't call them again, they wouldn't notice.  Its like there is no one to care.  But, I was proved wrong and before unhappiness could claim me once again, Joe called me.  His words were the music of friendship.  Thank you Joe.  

Later, I called Jeff and told him about the fun chatroom experience I had in the wee hours of the morn.  Lisa, ArmyWench, she was awesome.  No one can talk bodily functions better than I can, except her.  She has her own style that I just love.  Between she and Jough50, I had the very best time in there that I have had in a long time and I enjoyed the Authors Lounge too.  Those folks were awesome and Ann Crispin was totally funny.  :)   Well, thank you Jeff for laughing with me today.  That's what is about, buddy.

No comments: