Friday, June 18, 2004

Here at work, I sit. I'm way early.

Did you wake with a sinking feeling this morning?   Did you wake with a knot in your stomach or a headache?  Did you wake thinking about all the tasks you might not get to today?  I'm sorry if you answered yes to any of those questions.

Today I woke, did a few simple chores, went back to bed so I could finish dreaming, then woke again.  The sun was barred from my window by the morning's thick blanket of clouds.  Who knew something so poofy and soft could make for such an effective restraint?  I had no emotion about the day, but put one foot in front of each other and here I sit typing to whoever it is that might read today.  Why?  Habit, I suppose.

The only blemish that has had time to form in this morning is the one I spotted between my left eye and the left side of my nose. Boy does that sucker hurt and its so damn shiny.   The makeup around it almost makes it look pretty, but everyone will know its a zit.  Suddenly I feel fourteen again.   Wish the skin around my body looked it.  Yesterday I decided that in order to age gracefully as is expected of us today,  I'll wage war against the sagging flesh, the broken ugly veins, the gray hair ( thats way easy for me), by taking a more pro-active approach.  I'll go shopping for clothes that don't announce, "Here comes Chelle and her aging body!"  So one day my thongs will be briefs.  That doesn't mean I won't be able to wrap my flesh around yours.  Keep that in mind.

No comments: