Thursday, June 3, 2004

Talk Around Town

Our town is in shock.  The old salon I worked at on Redwood St. was finally opened again under the name of Totally Tan.  Well, I knew the folks at their previous location and this story is one that I'm having trouble dealing with.  The owner was a pretty little thing about 34ish, spoiled little catholic type, but she was giddy in love with her hubby, or so I thought.  Yes, she is quite materialistic, like a movie star type might be, but her hubby was down to earth; a nicer guy you would never meet.  He is dead.  Yes.  Shot in the head while he slept in bed.  No robbery, no forced entry in their custom home in the gated community of Green Valley, and get this; she was downstairs in her kitchen when it happened.  Nothing odd about that but it happened just after 4 am in the morning.  She says she heard footsteps and hid out in a closet until she was sure they were gone.  Keep in mind, there was no sign of a struggle. 

Everyone has her guilty already.  No such thing as a fair trial for her.  What struck me as odd was that he was shot with mulitple gunshots and she reported hearing only one while the neigbors heard nothing.  Thats not so odd at that hour but for her to hear only one, that is odd.  You could muffle it through a pillow but that would make it a "hit". And its looking like it was a hit, except hits generally don't waste time and ammunition.  It could be that they thought they were killing a couple and not one person alone in bed, which means she is in danger. Or, it would have to be a crime of passion- multiple gunshots are overkill-no pun meant.

I'm worried about this case.  I always joke about doing in my husband but I never would.  I'm up at any given time, especially 3 and 4am.  I go to the kitchen and play online so I won't be inconsiderate of his sleeping pattern.  If something like that were to happen in my house, and it could<shudder> I might not hear it either.  One thing, I'd probably be dead too because it would be hard to come into our house and not see me awake online and I can't call 911 while online, nor log off fast enough to do so in that kind of emergency.  Yep, I'd be dead too and if I weren't, I'd be the number one suspect given my history.  I feel bad for them, for our town.  I'm worried.

No comments: