Sunday, June 20, 2004

That's all she wrote.

I'm getting really good at squeezing extra hours into my dreams.  Most who know me know that the ideas for my writing come via dreams, so sleep is crucial for me.  I sleep in 4 to 12 hour stretches, waking after 9 hours no matter what.  Today, I did stretch a few extra hours in though.  I couldn't help it.  A love story was unfolding and I wanted to be sure it played out all the way.   Of course it never does.  My dreams always end with a woman and man finding each other through the crowded celestials.  They kiss, they fuck, they love.  It is always that way, in my dreams.   Now if only I can make a good story that isn't neccessarily a romance, that goes exactly like my dreams.  I'm a sucker for the kiss.

Early the next day :  3:54

Opened my eyes a little before one.  I woke--different.  Little by little, the light is breaking through and its not even close to dawn.  Am I becoming what I dream or am I dreaming that I am?  Either way, is life really a dream?  or a rich soul's concept?

No comments: