Thursday, June 10, 2004

Kristin Hannah's On Mystic Lake

Ms. Hannah is the greatest spinner of human interest style fiction that I've ever read.  Her characters are utterly human.  In the book, On Mystic Lake, there is a lawyer you can't wait to hate, but by the end, you can't hate him.  He is merely human and in character of what a good lawyer should be. 

I'm going to read The Things We Do For Love next.  Its on order now at my favorite independent book store, Bookshop Benecia.  Kristan Hannah will be there Monday the 21st to speak of her latest creation.  I'm going to see her.  Im so excited.

After reading her works, I must rewrite everything I've ever written.  I'll pay attention to details the next time around.  I figure it will take me a year or more to complete this.  It will be well worth my journey.  Screw getting published at this point.  In reality, that's not the important part of what I do, writing is. Guess you won't be seeing  me in the near future, folks. 

No comments: