Monday, June 21, 2004

The Journey inward is Deep.

The ordinarily still and quieted voice goes on unheard as a rule, it's influence subtle. But every once in awhile, and I'm not exactly sure why, the inner voice is all I hear.  It's words are sound, full of confession, forgiveness, love and even understanding. 

None the less, I can't stop thinking about a person who used to be in my life.  I was in a chatroom where a fellow was complaining about his last relationship.  He said, " and you know what?  Ever since I got rid of her, that pain in my neck has gone away."  It was said during one of my more well adjusted moments and I laughed in my family room.  I thought, how funny.  Get an effective hands free device you dumb shit or lose the phone.  Then it occured to me that for the person in my life, it was easier for him to lose me.  It makes better sense every day. 

I had some business to do earlier and the woman behind the glass looked to be from the homeland of Ireland.  She was reading Via, about Greece, how they aren't ready for the Olympics just a month away and how a lot of the folks of this world were not too happy about it.  I immediately felt upset and said, "My son would say there is a war going on for all of us, not just the Americans."  I'd say he was right of course but you know, if the world weren't such a coveting place,  Greece would be spectacular as it is naturally.  Imagine, going to Greece.   The petite red headed woman with brick colored flecks in her blackish eyes looked over the rim of her glasses and pulled them off, smiled and motioned for me to come closer.  She then put her hand to her ear to mean, "come again."   So I walked closer and without muttering began to philosophize.  She did too.  Another walked up and a client also joined.  We spoke.  It was utterly old world for those few moments and I felt connected to the people.  How much deeper do we go?  Let's see....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, you still have that nasty pain in the neck.  Try the around the ear device made for the Nokia phone.   Mine is broken and still works great.   Cj has one too.  I got mine at the A T and T store believe it or not.