Sunday, June 27, 2004

Michael Moore's opinions

For years, several of my cohorts and I have been discussing world events.  We don't always agree, but we have some powerful scenarios played out within our conversations.  In our conclusions, because much of what we often spoke of would break our hearts or piss us off, we decided that if we couldn't do anything about it, it is best left at the letter writing or discussion forum. 

But no, along comes Michael Moore.  He has this documentary that will make everyone dislike our president.  Pardon me, but isn't that a tad unpatriotic?   So he has the financial backing to spout off his words and manipulate the audience through a "docu-fiction" wrapped in a lot of truth.  Well, my little group covered that stuff over a year ago.  I guess I'm just a tad disgruntled because his little endeavor to piss us off with his brandishing of the truth could put our president in danger.  We are now at the negotiating portion of the war.  This is no intermission, mind you.  Our Nation's leader will soon be heading to the middle east and I could just see him being captured by the hit squads.  They would slaughter their own family, and they would slaughter a nation's leader more dramatically where the entire world would see.  This worries me.

So the dilemna is this: do we celebrate our 1st ammendment rights and go feed Mr. Moore's capatilistic urges or do we shun it entirely and miss out on some opportunites to spend some passion in discussion?  I don't know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

michael moore is a homo.

Anonymous said...

To Groove.  I hear where you are coming from but we must remember, Homo's have rights, even Homosapiens.  The words of saps count as it turns out. :)

Anonymous said...

piss on em