Saturday, June 12, 2004

Today, I forgave the sun.

The orb of gold flirts with me through the crevace of two breasted hills.  Such a sneaky smile it has as its light shines forth my favorite peek-a-boo-I-see-you chant.  Hills to the right are asleep under the cool periwinkle blanket but the hills north, towards Chardonnay, well they are jealous.  I can tell by the way they stretch my direction where Mr.Apricot Glow is now stealing the show.  It is how it should be.  The birds have quieted in chorus to witness this lyrical symphony and my face is bathed in glowing flaxen awe.  The ferns have exploded in their dance of praise along side some potted tomatoes while the starburst angel mums are donned with patience.  I feel all the other flowers whispering excitedly between themselves beneath the cottonwood tree, "It's here, our day is coming and hasn't held back its grace upon us.  Today is our day! We are blessed once again."

I observe as the mist is drawn toward the shout of magnificent light (as if it stands a chance at extinguishing it today).  The silvery plate rimmed in gold is like a stop sign in the highways of the sky.  "Stop! Today, I am go.  Today, its my way and you can sit at my feet or move out of my way!"  That is the sun I know.  I forgive you, sun, for yesterday.  We have all been there where you were.  All of us have been sapped, tapped out, and diluted.  I just thank God that you were not extinguished.

No comments: